Chris and his wife Linda have resided in Little Silver since 1997. They have four children, Liam,
Conor, Ava, and Sophie.
Chris was a member of the Little Silver Board of Education from 2006 until 2018, serving as
President from 2013-2018. Highlights of Chris’ tenure on the Board include the following:
- Took part in the oversight of a bond refinance to save the district money
- Served on 3 Teacher Contract Negotiation teams
- Served on the Finance Committee to oversee the financial impact of programs and services on the community
- Participated in the referendum for Full-Day Kindergarten
- Participated in decisions surrounding Student Safety and Security purchases for the schools
- Participated in the oversight of building renovations (windows, doors, gym floor, etc.)
- Represented the BOE as a liaison to the Garden State Coalition of Schools
- Participated in the Legislative Forum hosted by the LS school district
- Ensured that all policy adoption was appropriately implemented by school administrators
- Participated in a variety of workshops to ensure knowledge of all academic programs implemented in the district
- Served in a variety of Board Liaison roles including Education Foundation of LS, LS Recreation, LS Town Council
- Served as an Ad Hoc member of the Cell Tower
Chris was elected to serve on the Little Silver Borough Council in November 2018 and started his term in January 2019 where he serves on the Police and Emergency Preparedness, Fire, First Aid, Fire Police Committee and the Personnel, Social Media, Communications, Website, Newsletter Committee, and he chairs the Public Works and Infrastructure (sidewalks, streets and storm drains) Committee. In addition, Chris is the Council liaison to the Recreation Committee, the Shade Tree Commission and the Business & Professional Association.
Chris was a Commodities Trader and a member of the New York Mercantile Exchange for 14
years, trading natural gas and crude oil futures as an independent trader. He was a Member of
the National Futures Association (NFA) and he served on the NYMEX Adjudication committee.
Chris and his brother James are the current owners of Val’s Tavern, a local landmark that has
served the Rumson area since 1942. Chris also works as a Real Estate Developer and is
currently a Partner at River Development Equities, a New Jersey based firm specializing in the
Re-development of Municipal areas.
Boston University, Bachelor of Arts, Economics, 1986 (Dean’s List 1986) – Chris played four years
as a scholarship Division 1-AA football player on team that won three Yankee Conference
Championships. Chris earned All-Conference and All-East honors in 1985.
Chris coached Little Silver recreational baseball and basketball starting in 2002 and coached
Red Bank Pop Warner Football for 10 years starting in 2004. He also served as an assistant
football coach at Red Bank Regional High School for the 2008 season.
Chris has worked closely with several local charities, including Spring House Foundation, the
Carleigh Mac Foundation, CASA, Harbor School and is a founding Board Member of the
Rumson St. Patrick’s Day Parade, a non-profit foundation whose mission is to celebrate Irish
Heritage and provide charitable gifts to deserving local charitable organizations to improve the
community. Chris’s wife Linda served as a Board Member and past President of Special People
United to Ride for over ten years, and is currently self-employed as a free-lance editor.
In their spare time, Chris and Linda enjoy tailgating at the college football games of their two
boys, Liam and Conor, and traveling all over the East Coast and beyond for Ava and Sophie’s
various soccer, lacrosse, and basketball games.